Utility Cases - Tour 8 Series
Grundorf Tour 8™ Series Utility flight cases are all custom built to fit YOUR equipment! No more lugging around a manufacturer's "stock" sized case that dwarf's your equipment and takes up way too much room in your vehicle! When you order a custom fit utility flight case from Grundorf, you provide the dimensions - we provide the fit.
With a Grundorf Utility flight case - you don't have to go home and "re-design" the interior of your case. Each case interior is custom fit to your specifications. You also get a choice of interior finishes: black paint, carpet, or 1/2", 1", or 2" foam to provide a "glove" fit and fully protect your valuable gear. And the best news is with a Grundorf case, you save money! We don't charge extra for the custom fit!
Grundorf Tour 8™ Series Utility style flight cases are built tough! Each case is constructed with 3/8" multi-layer plywood with a durable ABS laminate finish. The edges are finished with double edged aluminum extrusion. The lid-to-body seal is made with an interlocking aluminum tongue and groove valance system to provide a tight seal. We use 12 rivet point recessed handles and 10 rivet point recessed catches to provide the strength needed for years of wear-and-tear. The handles and catches all use a steel washer backed rivet system for greater durability.
Choose from black, gray, blue or red finish colors. Many more options are available on all Grundorf Utility style road cases including:
- LID STYLE - Choose a hinged lid or fully removable lid.
- INTERIOR FINISH - Choose a black painted interior, a soft black or gray carpet interior or a foam lined interior. We offer 1/2", 1", or 2" thick foam. Choose from our softer, high-density foam, or the firmer shock foam. Foam interiors can be custom designed to securely protect your gear.
- KEY LOCKS - Add optional recessed key-locking catches to your case to secure your valuable gear!
- DIVIDERS - Front-to-back and left-to-right dividers are available to make separate compartments inside each utility case to fit various sized pieces of equipment.
- REMOVABLE TRAY - We can install a removable tray that sits at the top section of the case over separate compartment(s) below.
- CASTERS - Add a 3" or 4" caster dolly plate to your utility flight case. Brakes are also available for the casters to keep your case steady. The casters are mounted to a plywood dolly plate which is then mounted to the case bottom.
All Grundorf Tour 8™ Series Utility style flight cases are custom designed to your exact specifications. Grundorf Tour 8™ Utility cases can be made to transport PA snakes, cables, mics, stands, lighting gear, backdrops, percussion instruments, trade show booths, and just about anything else you can imagine!